- 180g (2 1/4 cups, loosely packed) finely shredded cabbage
- 180g (2 1/4 cups, loosely packed) finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium (about 130g) carrot, peeled and grated or thinly striped
- 1 small-medium (about 200g) red or yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 24g (1/4 cup) finely chopped green onion (green shallot)
For the dressing
- 2/3 cup (166g) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar and Salt, to taste.
When purchasing cabbage for this recipe, remember to allow for the removal of the core and any tough outer leaves. Use your Casa Peeler to finely shred the cabbage.
Toss vegetables together in a large bowl. If you wish to serve the salad immediately, pour dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat. Otherwise, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, store in the refrigerator and dress salad just before serving.
NOTE: Dressing is really up to you and you can have lots of variants. For those who don't like the mayonnaise or want a healthier alternative try a vinegar based dressing. You can also add some walnuts or pine nuts.